The European Commission is currently considering a revision of the “Air Services Regulation” (Regulation (EC) 1008/2008). The European Passengers’ Federation (EPF) welcomes the opportunity to share its views in connection with the price transparency provisions included in the Regulation. Here are the main points that we think the revision should address:
- Specific provisions are needed with regard to ancillary services.
- Fares and (core) ancillary service fees should be available through all distribution channels.
- The right to reimbursement in case of cancellation by the passenger needs to be clarified.
- Non-discrimination in access to fares and rates should be guaranteed.
- More effective enforcement and consumer redress options are necessary.
- Multimodal and cross-modal comparison should be enabled and stimulated.