- Increasing passenger satisfaction should be at the heart of any initiative.
- Public transport exists to serve passengers and they must have a place in the decision-making process.
- Reliable, timely and impartial information is vital to an informed consumer choice.
- Public transport users want door-to-door journeys that are as seamless, affordable and reliable.
- Public transport in all modes can, and must, make a significant contribution to social and environmental development.
- Administrative borders and varying technical standards must not form unnecessary barriers to the provision of seamless public transport services.
- The public transport system should provide a sustainable, accessible, attractive and practical choice for everyone wishing to travel.