18th Conference of the European Passengers’ Federation
“European Year of Rail, what’s in for the passenger”
June, 26th 2021, 10:00 CEST (online, MS Teams)
After careful consideration, we decided in March to cancel the EPF conference 2021 in Strasbourg (originally planned for 2020). The pandemic situation showed still too many risks for a successful event. But even in Corona times, it is necessary for passengers, politicians and transport companies to exchange views at European level and to jointly seek new ways for passenger- and environmentally-friendly mobility. We therefore invite you to our online conference on a smaller scale for 2021 and hope to be able to hold another conference in Copenhagen in 2022 as usual.
- 09:45 Opening conference room
- 10:00 Welcome (Josef Schneider, Chairman EPF)
- 10:10 European Year of Rail: What’s in it for the passenger? (Anna Deparnay-Grunenberg, MEP)
- 10:40 Shift2Rail: How can technology benefit passengers? (online interactive workshop)
- 11:40 Do we need a quality standard for European railway connections? (Anja Schmotz, Fahrgastverband PRO BAHN)
- 12:00 Lunch break
- 12:45 Deutschlandtakt, further developed towards Europatakt (Hans Leister, Zukunftwerkstatt Schienenverkehr)
- 13:45 Benefits Europe for passengers? (Kristian Schmidt, DG MOVE)
- 14:30 Closing remarks (Katharina Krell, Fahrgastverband PRO BAHN)
Participation is free but registration is necessary. After registration, you will receive a meeting link (Microsoft Teams).
More information and registration: https://www.epfconference.eu/