For its Ghent-based secretariat, EPF is looking for an experienced project & policy officer to strengthen our motivated team!
The main tasks associated with this position involve:
- Conduct research activities (desk research, interviews, surveys, …)
- Organise workshops and focus groups with end-users and/or experts
- Develop communication campaigns towards citizens
- Conduct communication activities: write articles, social media posts, ….
- Draft policy recommendations and guidelines towards a variety of stakeholders
- Establish and coordinate relations with project partners and other parties
- Look for new opportunities, co-write new project proposals
- Overall project management related tasks (work planning, budget management, reporting, …
- Occasional representation towards the European institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, Committee of the Regions, …) at political and policy level
- Monitor relevant European policy developments that have a (potential) impact on citizens, e.g. related to passenger rights, new mobility services etc.
- Contribute to formulating and promoting EPF’s position on relevant topics affecting the passengers at EU level, e.g. through responding to consultations, issuing position papers or press releases etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Has experience with drafting project proposals (experience with EU-funded projects is a plus)
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Is comfortable with writing reports, news articles, social media posts, communication strategies, etc.
- Is analytical and a problem solver
- Is able to work independently
- Has an excellent command of English (spoken and written); Dutch is a plus
- Has a relevant university degree
- Should be able to join the EPF team from May/June 2021 onwards
- Further assets: experience in managing relations with the European institutions at a political level; European project management expertise and experience; experience in the field of transport/mobility; knowledge of other European languages
What we offer:
- Competitive wage and benefits package (including hospitalisation insurance and meal vouchers)
- Flexible working hours
- Many learning and networking possibilities
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Being part of a motivated young team
Candidates are requested to send a letter of motivation together with a CV to EPF Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 25/03/2021. Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview on 02/04/2021.
Read the full vacancy text here.